
(This picture is really from her birthday - 7:00 AM, but is shows her in her crib) I really have had good intentions to keep up this blog. I really need to use it like a journal (but I am horrible at journal keeping as well). Tonight was one of the funnest nights putting Maleah to bed, so I have to share. To start off - Maleah didn't get a good afternoon nap today, so she was a bit grumpy at dinner and didn't want to go to bed. I asked Rex if he could do it and he said, "yes". Usually she goes down easier for him than me - not tonight. She screamed for about 10 minutes (longer than usual), so I decided to go get her. Her scream was not her usual, "I don't want to sleep" cry. It was pretty moany. She was happy to see me, but still crying. I got her out and sat in her rocking chair with her. She calmed down and eventually started playing peek-a-boo with me using her blanket. She is getting pretty advanced these days - pulling the blanket slowly down, so she can peek or pulling the blanket to the side, so one eye peeks out and she blinks it slowly waiting for you to see her. So Adorable!!! Well, we had a little tickle time. She has never really been a real laugher, so when you do get a real laugh out of her it is precious. Her laugh is absolutely addicting! We have been working on identifying face parts - eye, nose, chin, cheeks, etc. So we played this game for a while. She loves to carefully touch her eyelashes and mine. (side note - when she sees me putting on mascara on in the mirror, she pulls herself up and "puts on mascara" with her finger) Anyway, this game turned into a kissing game and Megan can attest that Maleah's kisses are intense. Once she has her mind set on kissing your lips, she will not let anything stop her and you can see her determination in her eyes. So fun. Well, she kept going back to touching my eyelashes and then giving kisses, so I showed her butterfly kisses. She is hooked! She giggles, when I butterfly kiss her on her nose and moves my head back and forth so she can get kisses from both eyes. When I finally put her back in her crib, she still wasn't completely happy, but a quick butterfly kiss on her nose helped quite a bit! I absolutely love being Maleah's mom!



4 comments:
Better watch out when she reaches the dating stage with kisses like that! ;) That's so cute, she's my favorite!
What a sweet story! I can't believe how big she is already! Keep those pictures coming!
I love it! Reminds me so much of Ruby :) Ruby loves butterfly kisses! I love your description of the intense kisses! Keep up the blog. I love it!
I'm so glad you commented on my blog so I have your blog now! What a cute story- she is so darling. I just love those baby kisses. The more slobber and all over the face the better. This is such a fun age. I'm trying to enjoy it more with Ethan because now I see how fast they leave it. We'd love to get together. Let us know when is good for you and we'll plan it!
Post a Comment