Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Books, books, books!


Since Maleah was about 7 months old, she has had her favorite books. First was That's Not My Princess, a touchy feely book. Since then - Are You My Mother?; Llama, Llama Red Pajama; Ten Little Ladybugs; Mommy Mine; I Love You As Much; Monster at the End of This Book; Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star (with ASL signs), etc. Well, tonight I was putting her to bed and we read Dr. Seuss' ABC boardbook. We have read it a couple of other times. Before we finished it, she pulled the book out of my hands and started flipping through the pages. She pointed at the doughnuts and duckdog and said some Maleah talk. I said, "I see doughnuts and a duckdog, that page must be 'D'" Then she said, "D, D, D" Then she turned to some other pages and said more Maleah talk and looked at me as if for a response. OOOO! The beginnings of early literacy - remembering repeating phrases! She is such a cutie.

2 comments:

Julie said...

that is awesome!! books are where it is at! Ruby has not like Dr. Suess until recently- she likes the classics Cat in the Hat and Red Fish Blue Fish- so far. Send any book recommendations our way we are ALWAYS hungry for new picks!

Chrysanthemom said...

Llama, Llama books are my current favorites. They are by Anna Dewdney. Llama, Llama, Red Pajama is about a llama who is put to bed and he freaks himself out - rhyming text, cute expressions. I just got one called Llama, Llama Mad at Mama. This one is about going shopping with a little one and the llama drama that goes along with it!
If you have any good ones, let me know!