Friday, September 19, 2008

My sweet girl!

Okay, so all of my posts could have that title - very unoriginal, but really, Maleah is my sweet girl. Yesterday, I was at my mom's helping her with some bookshelves. We were both fairly busy with our hands, so Maleah was just kind of doing her own thing - favorite thing at Grandma MB's is to play with the magnetic letters on Grandma's fridge. Anyway, after who knows how long, we noticed Maleah kept singing, "happy day". My mom and I were both trying to sing any songs that we could think of that said happy day. Last night when I put Maleah to bed, I started her lullaby CD (one of my favorite things - "A Child's Prayer"). I started singing the first song to her and she started singing it with me! The song is "I am Like a Star". Well, in it there is a line - "happy things each day". That is what she has been singing! The video clip is not that great, but I was trying to do it alone today - I will get a better one with Rex later, but wanted something up now.

3 comments:

Lindy said...

Hey Em! I found your blog through Kendra's - nice to see you doing it finally! So cute of Maleah singing - love it! And I laughed to see that you chose the same background as my cake blog! Cute!

Julie said...

So cute! I love it! It is so neat to see her growing up and singing! That is the entirety of our family home evening lately- just singing primary songs. I love ti!

The Edwards said...

I found your blog! YAY! She is getting so big!