***Jenn, do not read the following post***
Okay, so if you know me at all, you know I love spiders. There are certain species I love to kill, but none the less, I love them. Well, today I looked at Maleah's diaper bag to make sure it was fully stocked for Grandma's house, and noticed some wispy spider webs around the little side, bottle holder, pocket thing. I have seen quite few baby spidees lately, so I figured one had made itself a little home and I would pinch him before he made himself too comfy. Well, I used a pen to pull out the webs, expecting to find the baby somewhere in the webs, no luck! Then I stretched opened the pocket (elastic around the top is not so helpful when looking for spiders) and took a peek inside to find a GINORMOUS SPIDEE! I quickly smashed the pocket as best I could from the outside, hoping to squash him, then I got my (absolutely, adorable, PINK) rubber gloves and reached in to make sure he was gone . . . phew! No more fully intact spidee. I did however get each of his pieces out of the pocket. His longest legs are more then a half an inch long!!!!! Yikes! Maleah doesn't get to play in her diaper bag anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just to clarify, I still love spiders, just not when those yucky ones invade my space.



3 comments:
Ok, that freaks me out! I'm going to clean my diaper bag out right now!(:
I am there with you, even as a biologist. Same with snakes- they are cool but not in my space. Cute blog!!
Ewe!! Glad you smooshed it! I was out weeding yesterday and came across a black widow so you bet I smooshed that one!! Then all night long I had nightmares of that black widow climbing all over me! Let's just say, I didn't sleep very well!
Post a Comment