Last week Maleah started going in her closet while she was playing. I think initially she liked the hiding factor, but also she seems to like the hanging clothes brushing her head as she walks under them. Next she started saying, "Mom, come in here with me." I showed her how the doors worked and she explored standing in the partially closed space of the door. She is very cautious about her fingers and making sure she can still get out. Now, the closet is her playhouse. She can close 1 door or both or open them wide. She pretends with her toys in there, she asks me (on the outside) if there are any toys I would like and then hands them through the crack between the doors. She invites me in and we sit in the dark or peek through the cracks.
It just thrills me to see her pretend playing. I don't why I get a kick out of it, but I love it! I love to see her face when she discovers something that she thinks is absolutely, fantastic. And the closet is one of those somethings :)
Friday, October 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
So cute! My Makenna does that too!
Post a Comment